Friday, August 26, 2011

Bros before Hoes

I'm not quite sure this title works for this post in the actual sense, but it's whatever. I'm in a bit of a situation. It's actually much like #7 on this list. Why is it that even though you are really good friends with a guy you get left in the dark when some other girl comes along? I don't quite understand it. It shouldn't be like that.

I guess this could happen with girlfriends too though. When they get a boyfriend it's new and exciting so they spend a majority of their time with them. I guess it's just so foreign to me, that I wouldn't know. I've heard stories of when this has happened, but it's never happened to me.

I have a friend who had a best friend who was a guy. They were inseparable. Everyone thought that they would end up getting married and living happily ever after, until her best friend met some other girl. He began to hang out with her more and more and forget about my friend. As time went on they became more and more distant. Then one day this kid decides to marry this other girl. Wait? What? Not cool. They went from being best friends to distant acquaintances.

This CAN'T be me. I hate that. Why is it like this? I honestly just don't understand it. I wish I knew what crazy thoughts go through a boys mind. I really do. I wonder if I understood if it would even help. I'm not quite sure.

I'm jealous of every girl who has ever
hugged you, because for that one moment
they held my entire world
tears are like kisses,
the only real ones are the ones you
can't hold back.
Never make someone your everything
Because when they are gone you have nothing.
You will never know true pain until you look into the eyes
of someone you love, and they look away.
The scars are nothing compared to the pain that put them there.
Goodbye is only painful when you know you can never say "hello," again.

I read this somewhere and it made me think. It's true. As cheesy and pathetic as it is, it's true. This summer I made this boy my everything, and now that he's gone and found someone else I kind of feel lost. Although I had a "crush" on him that's not what I miss the most. I miss his company. I miss our hour long heart to hearts. But the thing I miss the most is the friendship I thought we had. 

No comments: