Monday, August 8, 2011

Some call me - Dr. Mann

People that really know me know that I love Dr. Phil. I watch him as often as possible and take what he says to heart. I even wrote to him one day and was called by his producer, but anyways. I like to pretend I am like Dr. Phil. People turn to me for advice and I often feel like I help them, but do I really help them? Who knows? I hope I do.


One thing I often help with is, relationship problems. It's actually funny, because have I been in a relationship? No. Yet I can ramble off all kind of stuff that in my mind would "help" that situation. I first hand can't tell you anything, because I haven't been there. I often feel stupid when I try and help people with this problem, because in reality I don't know what I'm talking about. This is where Dr. Phil comes into play. Since I watch him and know what he says about certain situations I just say what he says. Am I copying? Possibly, but advice like his deserves to be shared.

I wrote one of my friends a letter while here in California. I thought that this letter would help a little bit with a problem, but I don't know if it really did. Here are a few key points:

I hear you say that you don't know your purpose, but let's be real, who does? I think that we are at the age where we are trying to figure things like that out. We are trying to figure out who we are, what we want to do in life, and in general what kind of person we hope to become. But even as we grow up I don't think we ever really know our ONE try purpose; there doesn't have to be just one. 

It hurts me to see you hurt. I don't want you to feel the way you do. I so badly want to solve your problem for you; make it all better, but I can't. I know that you are strong enough to get through this little bump in the road. You truly are one of the most amazing people I know. Try not to forget it. If you forget, which I'm sure you will, I will be there to remind you.

I was hesitant even thinking about sending it, but I took a chance and sent it. There was a lot more to the letter, but this is all I will share with the blogging world. Even if it helped this person only a little bit, it's worth it. I'm the kind of person who wants to fix everyone else problems. But I can't always do that. All I can do is be there for support.

I've always wanted to be the kind of person who people come to for help and advice. I want to be the person that people can trust and know that I will be there no matter what. If I don't go into law I'm pretty sure I'd be a therapist. So if you ever need a listening ear, I'm here and I don't even charge.

No comments: