Sunday, August 14, 2011

So there's this boy . . .

Let's be real, when is there not some boy? I'm pretty pro at switching the guy I like from time to time. This boy writes music, then plays it for me. This boy talks to me for hours just about life. This boy sends me texts that I read over and over again, because they make me so happy. This boy gives me butterflies. This boy knows all the right things to say.

This Summer has been an up and down roller coaster with one guy. Many blog posts have been inspired by him, but then this new guy came around. He makes me feel like there is hope out there. There is hope with another guy. He makes me feel like I deserve someone special.

I really hope you find someone that's worth you. I really do. Some lucky prince is going to sweep you off your feet, and he will be something you cant even imagine at this point.

And the text that made my heart skip a beat:

As much as i would have liked to deny it back then, I always thought you were cute. Well, I still do.

This boy shows me that there are good guys out there. Who would have known? I've been in such a funk over this one boy, but in reality it's not worth it and neither is he. It's nice to know that there is hope out there, somewhere. It's nice to know that somewhere out there, there are good boys that treat you like you are everything and more. You just have to find them.

1 comment:

Ann said...

"Some lucky prince is going to sweep you off your feet." Hrm. I do not like this metaphor. I better like the idea you will meet a man who is your equal and partner in all ways. After college. But I am a grumpy old woman.