Thursday, August 25, 2011

I don't like this one bit

Saturday, the day had finally come. The day where I had to send my little friends off to college. I knew it would be hard, but the brutal goodbye was much worse then I ever thought it would be. Everything was fine when we were driving up there and even when we were moving things in, but when everything was set up things began to kick in.

Kaydee and I had pulled an all nighter before so she was tired, but I was sitting there thinking. Thinking about all the great times we had had with these kids. Thinking about the circle bench that they wouldn't be at everyday. Thinking about the brothers and sisters that wouldn't be there to protect me this next year. Thinking about how they were all moving on and leaving Kaydee and I behind.

When the time came to leave I couldn't handle it. Tears burning in my eyes, rolling down my face. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave them up there all by myself. Kaydee turned to Andrew and said, "Can you come home now?" I lost it. That's when it sunk in that they wouldn't be in the same city as us anymore. They were going to be 2 hours away. A long 2 hours.

Kaydee and I have said for months that we will go up there every weekend, skype everyday, and call Andrew in between every class. But in all reality they will have better things to do. Sure, Kaydee and I will have nothing better to do, but they will. As unrealistic as going up there every weekend is I want it to come true.

I want to go to college. Who needs Junior and Senior year? Not me. Going to school without them is hard. Going to the circle bench and not seeing them there is sad. Kaydee didn't want to go over there on the first day of school because she said, "I'm going to be able to picture Andrew sitting there."


This picture was taken on my phone so it's pretty crappy, but there it is. Random people thinking they get to sit on the bench. I swear. I've been begging many of the Seniors to come back. They may not miss high school, but high school misses them. So please class of 2011, feel free to return to Pleasant Grove High School, it would be much appreciated.

No comments: