Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Crushes" II

This whole "crush" situation is getting a little old. I thought I had learned my lesson. My last "crush" resulted in this post.

Since that post I have had two more "serious" crushes. They all start/end the same way.
  1. A Innocent friendship
  2. Feelings begin to form
  3. You debate if you really do like them
  4. You start trying to impress them (making sure you get up on time to do your hair/makeup)
  5. You start texting each other
  6. You start asking each other if they like you. They will then ask you the same question.
  7. They find out you like them
  8. Awkward
  9. Things then fade
The above list is exactly went wrong with one of my latest "crushes". He was nice. He was always the smiling kid that I looked forward to seeing in the halls. It so happened that I would see him and his friend walking down the hall everyday at lunch. There was always a 5 min conversation with them, then we went our separate ways. This kid and I started to talk a lot. I could talk to him easily and know that there was no judgement in anyway.

It all went down hill when we started to text. I asked him who he liked and he described her as, "A girl who is in 10th grade. She has short brown hair, and we've been texting a lot lately." Naturally, I am thinking he's talking about me. Turns out no. He wasn't talking about me. After that I felt stupid. One day his friend asked me if I liked him. I told him that I had, but didn't anymore. He told this kid. That's where it went awkward. Sure, we still say hi to each other in the hall, but it's not the same. Having a "crush" on him ruined our friendship.

This is the list from my most recent crush:
  1. Friendship
  2. Laughing and having fun in a class
  3. Totally flirting
  4. Texting
  5. Did I mention I have a girlfriend."
  6. "I can't text you anymore. My girlfriend doesn't want me to."
  7. Days later (after not texting him for days) random text from a random number "Stop texting my boyfriend, please."
AWESOME! Probably one of the most embarrassing things of my life. The problem was that by the time I knew about his girlfriend I had formed a fatty crush on him. The thing is that after he told me to stop texting him, I did for the most part. I texted him a couple times about our class, but that was it. Then tonight I get a text from the "Girlfriend!" I don't think I've ever felt more stupid. I just hope they live happily ever after!!

My "crushes!" I swear! They don't ever work out. I feel like nothing good comes from "crushes." It just turns perfectly good friendships into awkward situations. I guess if your "crush" likes you back it's a good thing, but I've never had that happen. In my last "CRUSH" post I said how without "crushes" things would be boring. Yes, I still think that's true, but sometimes "crushes" hurt. Maybe that's why they call them "crushes" they CRUSH you!

This post isn't meant to kill any ones "crushing" dreams. I'm sure that other people have positive "crush" experiences. One of these days........maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

boys should be avoided. until they are 21. :)

Ann said...

IMO, you don't need to be embarrassed about anything, except for maybe getting a crush on a boy who would prefer the company of a weirdly possessive girlfriend. You ought to be able to text about class stuff. Geez.