Monday, March 21, 2011

First Date

A very exciting time for girls is when they get asked out on their very first date. This last Saturday I went on my first date. It was kind of a big deal. I got asked on Friday (the day after my birthday) and I was very excited. Getting ready for this date took a lot of time/effort.

  1.  Had to go to the mall for a new outfit.
  2. Shower
  3. Blow dry hair
  4. Curl hair
  5. Put on make-up
  6. Get dressed

It may not be a long list but it definitely took a while to get all those things done. After it was all done I looked like this:

Just checking out the back



*Thank you Julie for doing my hair and Robyn for going to the mall with me and picking out an outfit. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you two.*

I was all dolled up by 7:00. I was very excited, I had major butterflies, and I was watching out the window. Time passed and he still wasn't at my house. I began to panic. I was pacing around my house. I couldn't sit there and just hang out. I thought he was just going to bail. He than texted me and told me that the other couple we were going with was running late. I still had butterflies, but I was much more calm.

When my date came to the door I raced my dad to the door trying to get it first. I won that battle. I opened the door and introduced my date to my dad. Let's just say that it was interesting. My dad then asked the question, "When will you have her home?" My date replied, "When does she need to be home?" My dads answer was, "Between 11:00 and 11:30." I said goodbye and got out of there as fast as possible.

On this date we went bowling and ate pizza. At first I was not doing too hot at the whole bowling thing. Not good at all. I went five rounds without knocking down a single pin. I was so embarrassed. My date was getting strikes and I was getting nothing. By the second game I doing much better so I wasn't too embarrassed. After I got over the whole trying to impress him thing it was actually fun.

As we were on our way home my date told the kid driving to put the car in neutral, push on the gas, and then hurry and put it into drive. I'm looking at my date thinking, "Are you kidding me right now?" Let's just say the car broke down. We heard this big thump sound and we knew something was wrong. We all got out, because we seriously thought the car was going to blow up. We looked under the car and there sitting on the road was the transmission. The kid who was driving was freaking out. He kept saying that his dad was going to kill him. I had to call my dad to come get me. AWESOME!

It was definitely a very interesting first date. I will have some funny stories for my kids one day. The night was up and down, but in the end I had fun. I think I could get used to this whole dating thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh man. that is a pretty awesome first date story.
So...who was your date? :)