Sunday, May 1, 2011

Haven't you heard.....?

The rumor mill. How a story can go from being so innocent to a much bigger deal. Pretty soon there is barely any glimpse of truth in any of the stories. Who's with who, what they've done, who's pregnant, and who's on drugs. There has to be at least one good rumor every week or it wouldn't be High School.

I have been fortunate enough to be in the school rumor mill this last week. My rumor has progressively gotten worse over the weeks. Something so innocent happened over Spring Break and now it's the talk of the school. People that really know me know that this dumb rumor would never be true. The rumor about me was exactly like this movie:


If you haven't seen this movie the story line is about this girl who is rumored to be a total slut. When in reality she hasn't done anything at all. She is only saying she slept with people. Yes, she probably brought this on herself, but I didn't. I didn't start this crazy rumor about me. Why would I want to ruin my "flawless reputation?"

The other kid involved in this rumor is mad, as he should be. He thinks that I helped start this bizarre rumor. He doesn't want to be known as this boy that, "gets down" with anyone and everyone. Nor do I want to be known in the same way. I totally understand where he's coming from. I'm not saying that it's affecting me more, but I feel like it is. I am now known as the new "school slut." Not so awesome and completely false.

This goes to show how dumb the High School rumor mill is. People really do believe anything. Whoever starts these rumors must really have something to hide. They start something so that they won't be the target.

I am writing this post to put the rumor to rest. So if you hear anything around school just know that's it's completely not true.  

1 comment:

Kris said...

well look at the bright side. It hasn't made it to the jr high yet.