Sunday, May 8, 2011

To the best Mom in the World!

My mom is: my best friend, amazing, kind, giving, loving, and I know she would do anything for me. My mom and I have an ideal mother/daughter relationship. I can tell her anything. She is there when I need a listening ear or when I need someone to hold me and tell me everything will be ok. I know that no matter what my mom is always there for me.

My mom is the strongest person I know. I look up to her in so many ways. I strive to be like her. I love knowing that my mom is always going to be there. Through the good and the bad. My mom is a truly amazing person. Whenever I read this poem I think of her:

To My Teenager
It’s hard sometimes, when people are changing their lives,
To understand each other, or even to talk.

You are struggling right now for independence
And the right to live your own way. . .
And sometimes struggle for the strength to let you do it.

I wish now and then for the days when a kiss or a hug
Could make your world bright again;
But your world is more difficult now,
And you want to make your own
Way in it-which is as it should be.

I want you to know that when you get hurt,
I will hurt for you;
And that deep down, I always have confidence
In your ability to find your place in your world.

When you need a caring hear,
Or someone to listen to your deepest dreams or concerns,
I will be there for you because I love and care for you.
 -M. Joyce

So today on this Mother's day I honor my mom. Thank you for all you do for Ellie and I. Love you to the moon and back!!

No comments: