Thursday, April 28, 2011

Student Council

Campaigning for Student Council in a nut shell:

- Staying up till all hours of the night.
- Being exhausted
- Waking up at 4 to make sure you're at school by 5:30
- Meeting new people
- Bounding with friends
- Lots of hard work
- Stressful
- Worth it!

I tried out for Student Council this year. I was going for events. It was a long process. Making posters was a little bit of a challenge. Max's mom and sister helped me trace it and I painted it. One of them turned out really good, and the other one....after I painted it I basically ruined it. Nancy like always came to my rescue and helped me. Shawn and Nancy stayed up till 12:30 a.m. helping me make my "handouts." Nancy is so creative. We got bottle caps and inside them there were little papers that said, "PG WANTS Z!" We than turned them into necklaces. It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! People loved them though.




Working hard
Max wanted to do something unique so he bought 80 gold fish and handed them out. People were running to the student center to get them before they were all gone. It sure got his name out there. Kaydee and I got one and we couldn't think of a name....Pax (Paxton) came to our rescue. The fish was named Rosco. Poor Wittle baby Rosco died between Seminary and the car. Kaydee broke the bad news to me. He may have had a short life, but it was greatly lived. He was surrounded by people who loved him.







We got split into groups to preform skits in front of the school. I loved my group. I got to meet new people and I really bonded with each and everyone of them.

Lauren Miner was basically the mother of our group. She is the cutest girl I know. She makes me want to be a better person. She came up with the idea to do a glow stick dance. I could write an entire blog post on her. I want to put her in my pocket for a rainy day. A little creepy, yes. I love her so much! We did it to the FINAL COUNTDOWN and THE TIME! She did AMAZING! She and Carly choreographed it. It was the coolest thing when it was complete. It took a lot of time and practice, but it was all worth it in the end. We really bonded as a group.





The video isn't high quality, but it really was amazing when we finished it.




After a very long week Friday rolled around and it was time for the election stomp. Before we went to the stomp everyone that ran for student council went to dinner. It was kind of a "goodbye" in a way. It didn't matter about our groups, or who was going to win. It was just a time for us to all be together. Time that was clearly needed.




LOVE LAUREN MINER!
We go to the stomp and as it got closer to 10:30 I started getting major butterflies. Good thing there was music so I could get my wiggles out. A little after 10:30 it was time. Everyone who was running stood together holding hands. They told us who the Sophmore class officers were. They then went onto Jr. Class.....Max was going for Jr Class. Up on the screen there was Max's, Maddie Giles, and Katy Armknecht pictures. I was very happy for Max. When they were about to announce EVENTS I was freaking out. I saw four pictures pop up on the screen. My picture wasn't there. To be honest, I was shocked. All I remember was seeing Mattie's picture. I started crying. I was so happy for Mattie, but a little disappointed that I didn't make it. Why Mattie and I were running for the same thing I don't know. We both thought we had it. All I was worried about than is if Lauren Miner would make it. She deserved it more than anyone I could think of. Don't worry she made it. Then came time for VP and PRESIDENT:



 VICE PRESIDENT- NATE CUTLER
 
NATE CHAMPION CHURCH- STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT
So although I didn't make it I wouldn't change it for the world. I am so happy for everyone that made it. Congrats guys! You will all do GREAT thing. Thanks for letting me get to know you guys! We'll try again next year!

No comments: