Friday, April 15, 2011

Why?

Why? It's the word that keeps entering my mind. It's one of those words that is in some ways said to much. If your mom asks you to do the dishes the reply is always, "Why?" Lately I've been wondering, "Why me?" That phrase is something that enters everyones mind sometime in life. People wonder "why me" when times get hard and are often time to hard for them to bare. This phrase often makes you feel sorry for yourself. You may not wish it on anyone, but you can't help but ask why? The problem with the word "why" is you never really know the answer. Going back to your mom asking you to do the dishes when you answer, "why me?" The answer is always, "Because I said." If you want to really push it you will then ask, "Well why me and not (insert name here)?" Even then your mom isn't going to have a good answer. The word "why" can keep going forever.

Some days I feel like this:


With everything that has been going on in my life I often ask, Why? Why do I have to put up with this? A couple weeks ago I tried out for Student Council. I thought I had it. I really did. When I looked up at the screen and my name wasn't there and all my friends were I was distraught. Why? My home life sucks. Why can't one good thing happen? Just one. Student Council isn't the only thing I've been wondering about. Here are some of my recent, "Whys?"

- Why doesn't he love me enough to give me what I need?
- Why do I have to take on so much?
- Why can't I do anything to make him proud?
- Why do things have to be this way?
- Why don't people step up?
- Why do people sit back and let this happen?
- Why does everyone feel like they have to impress everyone all the time?
- Why am I always anxious?
- WHY ME?

The thing is I don't know the answer to these questions. I doubt I ever really will. I guess there is really only one thing I can do, KEEP GOING! Take one step, one hour, one day at a time. I CAN do this!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Yes you can. (claps). (bows).

You are so awesome.

Ash said...

Hi there, I am so, so much older than you!.....feel like I should have the answers by now but no. Today I typed into google 'Why?' because I too wonder just that, why, why all this in my life right now. But just as you have said in this post all you can do is keep going, one step after the other and hope the world shows you what is good and right. My 'why' brought your post up for me... don't know if you will catch this message it being an older post, but if you do - I am so glad you are you and all the best.

Zoe said...

Ash!!
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your comment. That's funny that that came up on google. Kind of weird. Thanks again!!