Monday, July 11, 2011

The dreadful....SHAVING!

I've come to the conclusion that I can't shave my legs without cutting myself at least once. Pathetic I'm aware. I blame this on not wanting to shave in the first place. Let's be real it's a hassle. If you are one of the very few that enjoy shaving your legs you might as well stop reading now.

I'm not quite sure why I hate shaving as much as I do. When I was in 6th grade I begged my mom to let me shave my legs. I had blonde hairs so my mom claimed I didn't need to. I didn't really care what she said, I thought that I needed to shave. All of my friends had started shaving and I didn't want to be the only one who hadn't. So there I was one day shaving my legs. The joy. I wonder how long I really could have gone before starting the cycle.

Let's be real. Do I shave in the winter? No. Do I care to shave even when I have P.E.? No. You're wearing pants. Who cares? I get the whole shaving thing in the Summer, because you're legs are showing, but the winter...totally different.

Another question I ask is: Why are girls obligated to shave? Who started this outlook in society? They don't shave in Europe. Why do we in America? Whoever started this clearly needed a hobby. We've been told that girls have to shave, so we do. What if we never shaved? Would it really be the end of the world? Probably not.

Did I really write a whole blog post on shaving? I clearly need a hobby. Think about it really, why is it so important to shave? The world may really never know. We just know what we've been told for so many years, and we don't bother to question anymore.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Mil Millington, a Brit writer, posted a quiz for straight guys only on his web site.

"You meet a girl. She does not shave her legs or under her arms. What do you think?"

15% of guys thought it was super hot
5% of guys thought it was gross
80% didn't care

WE DON'T HAVE TO SHAVE AND IT'S A LIE THAT WE DO. WHY DO I ALWAYS END UP TYPING IN ALL CAPS WHEN I COMMENT ON YOUR BLOG? I WILL STOP SHOUTING NOW.