Friday, December 3, 2010

You learn something new everyday....

A wise 18 year old once told me something about wishes.....

"Most things that I wish for I end up not wanting within two weeks or less....the things I always end up wishing for now is stuff that matters; like making myself a better person and loving others. The desires for myself almost always fade"

Whether or not this 18 year old was being serious or cheesy I will never know, but I've been thinking about what he said a lot lately.

During the Christmas season especially we wish for things. It may be new clothes, a phone, or even the latest technology. No matter what it is it will eventually get old. New things will come out and if you don't have the latest thing you think you are not cool. Christmas is supposed to be about giving. The possession you will want for Christmas this year will be something of the past next year.

I challenge everyone to try and do some kind of service everyday. It may be something small like opening a door for someone or just smiling at someone. Even the littlest thing can mean so much to someone.

No comments: