Saturday, September 25, 2010

HIGH SCHOOL

The halls are crowded, the school is big, classes are harder, and I’m already stressing over grades; WELCOME to HIGH SCHOOL!

This is what I’ve come up with about high school so far:

 

Pro

-I've met a lot of new people
-I have a lot of  good teachers
-Get out of school earlier
-No longer treated like a little kid
-Hour long lunches

 

Con

-Halls are crowded
-Classes are hard
-Waking up at 6:00 a.m.
-Lots of homework


School is school. A couple weeks before school started I thought I was ready for school to start. High school was going to be GREAT! I was actually going to be productive during the day and not just sit around and watch T.V. I was going to get to see people I hadn’t seen in months.

The thing about a new school year is that I wish so bad there were things that could be the same from last year. I wish I could still yell at Mr. Thomas, Mike, and Blaine in the halls. I wish I could still walk in the halls and see Dalton and yell, “DALTON,” and have him yell, “ZOE.” I wish that I could still walk in and talk to Miz. Parson everyday. Just these little things I am going to miss. I wish that I could just pick up people and bring them with me, but I can’t. Looking back at these people I know that they play a huge role in who I am today. They made me think harder than I had ever thought before, they made me realize things I had never even thought of, and they challenged me to be the best I could be.

I have hit the realization that I am in 10th grade, I’m going to be turning 16 and getting my license, and I am going to be graduating in 3 years. The days may be long, but the months and years go by fast. In many ways I have taken it for granted. It’s going to be over soon and I will wonder where the time went. I am constantly thinking about the future. I fantasize about what I want my life to be. I don’t ever really live in the moment. I am always thinking ahead weathers it’s in hours, days, months, or years. That is something I am going to try and work on this year.

This is going to be a good school year, I can feel it!    

No comments: